Use BUY NOW button for PayPal or credit card purchases of $10.00 or more.
Click here to access TumbleBooks
Free Wi Fi
24/7 Reference Service
If the Wellsboro Area School District has a 10 AM delayed start, the library will open at 11 AM. But if the WASD is closed, the library will attempt to open at 12 PM. Please call, check the website, or listen to local radio stations for the most up-to-date information about our weather related closures.
|Welcome . . . to the Green Free Library in Wellsboro, PA.
We are the largest public library in Tioga County, serving a population of over 11,000. In addition to our collection of fiction for all ages, we have:
- an extensive collection of nonfiction titles for adults and children
- a large collection of audio books available for check out or to download
- a wide variety of videos and DVDs
- a growing collection of books in large print
- interlibrary loan (ILL) to find books not in our collection
- a special collection of local history resources
- free access to the internet
- in-house book store open Tues 1-4pm, Thurs 3-6pm, and Sat 12-3pm
eBranch2Go (formerly known as Listen to Books) - Over three thousand audio books and eBbooks to download and listen or read on your computer or transfer to a portable device, like an iPod, MP3 player, or ereader. (Log in using the 10 digits on your library card.)
The Freading ebook program is provided by the Potter-Tioga Library System. It will end in March 2014.
• Over 26,000 titles are available from a variety of small and independent publishers.
• New books are added weekly.
• All eBooks allow for multi-user access, so there is never any waiting for a title.
• eBooks are checked out for 14 days and can be renewed.
• Over 4,000 books for children, graphic novels and comic books for teens and great new mysteries, romances and self-help for adults.
• Apple and Android Apps available for most devices. Will not work on older Kindles -- will work on Kindle Fires, Nooks, Sony Readers, etc.
For more help with Freading, click here.
Adult Book Club will be discussing The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom by Slavomir Rawicz. The discussion will take place in the library on March 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM.
E-reader Book Club will discuss The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain at the March 18th book club meeting. Attendees are welcome to bring food and drink to either club meeting.
We have three great resources for research: Annals of American History Online, Britannica Online Reference Center, and Britannica Online for Kids. Click the names to access or click on Databases on the Navigation Bar. You need your library barcode to use these resources.
World Book Online is four databases, including one in Spanish!
Click here to access Tumblebooks. If you want more information about this fun program which includes books for preschoolers through school-age AR books, click on Programming on the Navigation Bar.
Start Learning Express Library
The Right on the Money preschool to 2nd grade program will be scheduled for the spring of 2014. Please contact us if you are interested in participating.
We accept tax deductible donations throughout the year.
Monday -Thursday: 10 am - 8 pm
Friday & Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
Driving Directions to
The Green Free Library.
Map of Wellsboro, PA and
The Green Free Library
The Green Free Library
134 Main Street
Wellsboro PA 16901
This page last updated: 3/5/2014